The Louisiana Mayhaw Association was incorporated in 1995 as a non-profit organization with the following goals:
- Educate the public in order to promote a positive image and wider acceptance of mayhaws and mayhaw products;
- Build a network of mayhaw producers through the Mayhaw Association for the exchange of information and ideas;
- Encourage ongoing research into all aspects of culture and uses of mayhaws and mayhaw products;
- Create and maintain standards for mayhaw and mayhaw products to insure a quality product;
- Promote the quality and uniqueness of mayhaw products through an aggressive marketing campaign.